Welcome to the winter solstice, my friends! For us in the Northern Hemisphere, today marks the beginning of winter. One of my goals when I began this blog is to create a sense of community, I want this space to be an encouraging space, one that you can come to for inspiration and joy. I’d like to begin with a winter photo swap – an exchange beautiful images of winter! This is one of the projects keeping me up at night! And really – what better way to make the winter just a *bit* more bearable than to receive a little token of love?
The theme is winter – photos inspired by the season. You can interpret in any way you like. Please remember, you don’t have to be a professional photographer. You simply have to love photography. It can be a photo you’ve already taken, or a photo you will take inspired by the theme – your choice. I’ll pair you with a partner, and you will get to swap a 4×6 image of winter. You are welcome to join, wherever in the world you live!
*I only ask that you send a photo you would love to receive.*
Sound like fun? Would you like to participate?
Here’s how it will work.
- Please use this form to sign up for the winter photo swap. The deadline is Saturday, January 1. Don’t forget to denote if you are willing to ship internationally, as shipping costs may be a bit more than domestic shipping.
- Spread the word – the more participants we have, the better! Feel free to grab a button (below) and post your site.
- On or shortly after January 1, I will send you an e-mail with your swap partner. *Please note that your mailing address will only be shared with your swap partner.
- Interpret the theme “winter” as you wish – go out and photograph your surroundings, your favorite winter memory, your winter home, it’s your choice! Please only share an image that you would like to receive. Have your image printed in 4×6 size. Securely package and postmark your photo by Friday, January 21.
- By the end of the first week in February, you should have received your photo from your swap partner from any part of the world!
- When you receive your photo from your swap partner, don’t forget to take a picture of it to share. I’ll create a special page to upload your images!
Sign up and let me know if you have any questions!
Happy Winter ♥
Grab a button: